TPE, broadly speaking, contains a variety of polymer structural units of thermoplastic elastomers, such as TPES, TPU, TPV, TPO, TPEE, etc. Since the most commonly used TPE refers to the styrene elastomer alloy TPES, while the domestic TPE generally refers to the TPES elastomer. Therefore, the TPE discussed in this article is based on the modification of SEBS and SBS substrates. s material.
The main influencing factors of TPE injection temperature are the following: oil-filled ratio; SEBS/SBS molecular weight and molecular conformation (linear or star); product thickness; special material formulations and equipment mold issues, etc.
1. The higher the oil filling ratio, the lower the corresponding injection temperature;
2. The injection temperature of SEBS substrate is higher than that of SBS substrate, because the thermal stability of SEBS substrate is better than that of SBS substrate;
3. The molecular weight of SEBS and SBS is high, and the injection temperature should be high; the star SEBS/SBS system, the injection temperature is higher than the linear SEBSSBS system;
4. For special materials, such as TPE with PA, the injection temperature is increased because of the introduction of high melting point phase components in the formula;
5. The injection temperature for products with large thickness is higher than that for products with thin thickness;
6. Equipment model or melting capacity, as well as mold design (including runner, glue inlet design and the number of cavities in a mold, etc.) will all have an impact.
Divided by hardness and injection molding method, you can refer to the recommended injection temperature range as follows (the specific temperature is adjusted and determined according to the TPE grade provided by the supplier and the actual processing conditions):
1. TPE hardness 0C~15A super soft material, injection temperature 130~200℃;
2. TPE hardness 20~110A single material injection molding material, the recommended injection temperature is 140~230℃;
3. TPE encapsulated PP, the recommended two-shot injection temperature is 170~200℃;
4. TPE encapsulated ABS, PC, the recommended two-shot injection temperature is 180~220℃;
5. TPE encapsulated PA, recommended two-shot injection temperature 240~270℃
In short, regarding the injection temperature of TPE materials, the general supplier can only give a reference value according to the material model; it should also be considered in combination with the product structure size, processing equipment and mold design and other factors, and gradually adjusted according to the actual processing conditions. Appropriate injection temperature; TPE shrinkage rate, 1~3%, low hardness TPE shrinkage rate is larger, under the same other formula system, the shrinkage rate of TPE with large filling volume is less than TPE with small filling volume.
Copyright © POLYROCKS CHEMICAL CO., LTD. All Rights Reserved | Sitemap | Powered by
QUICK ENQUIRE FORM
* Indicate Mandatory fields